Songs of Wild Nothing Pt. V
A new edition of my mix(tape) series “Songs of Wild Nothing”. Two hours of vernacular electronica, psych folk, fake world music and desert blues.
Initially I planned this to be a pure drone, ambient mix, but I fell asleep while compiling it.
Enjoy some early and obscure electronica by Laurie Spiegel and Ursula Bogner, as well as the early work of Frank Brettschneider (Stein im Brett) of Raster-Noton and The Revenant soundtrack fame.
Braden J McKenna reactivated his old shoegaze band project Weighted Pines after he was releasing mostly new age and ambient music on Inner Island. Very prolific guy in the past. I lost track, so I don’t know what he was doing the last 5 years. (I guess this is one of his side projects.)
Please check out the Lukas Read release Neo Age, it’s a great release of cosmic fingerstyle guitar and for this mix I’ve chosen the drone piece “Draga”.
Anubian Lights was my favorite space rock group for a while. They did some great albums in the late nineties, somewhere between lounge music, exotica and space rock. “Naz Bar” was probably the most popular. Nice sequencer-synth-bleeps on “Vision Of A New Homeland”.
I spare you more blurb. Nobody is going to read that.
Hopefully you like this mix and please spread the word and subscribe to the newsfeed to not miss any new music.
- Stein Im Brett Tanzstunde
- Weighted Pines Don’t Change My Head
- Kenneth Johnston Prepared Guitar Rhythm
- Doc Holiday (I Dreamed I Went) Sailing Last Night
- Diente de Madera The Cuckoo
- Lukas Read Draga
- Razen Reaper
- Mount Elephant Mount Elephant II – 06
- Frank Bretschneider Dunkler Raum
- Ursula Bogner Punkte
- Laurie Spiegel Appalachian Grove II
- Wizardzz Sailship
- Anubian Lights Vision Of A New Homeland
- Jeremy Harris Release Technique I
- Egle Sommacal Becco D’Anatra
- Scott Hirsch Raga Of The Sea
- Ali Farka Touré Karanda Bala Bozo
- Buck Curran Seven Gardens to Your Shore
- of rivers and trains 2
- Dariush Dolat-Shahi Sama (Tar and Electronic)
- Odawas Black Iron Awakening / The Empire Never Ended
- Tesendalo Vendig
- Amber Sea Shell Rock Me
- Light Sleeper Special Interests
- Michael Snow Raga Lalat
- Stars Of The Lid Anchor States (Part 1)