Morning Raga Pt. X
Before I hit the pause button for some summer holidays, I want to leave this new Morning Raga Mix here.
As always, it's a fine blend of old and new solo guitar music. Traditional tunes, contemporary pieces, more acoustic than electronic guitar, more six than twelve string. And so on.
Matt Baldwins rendition of NEU!'s Weissensee is approved by Julian Cope, so there you go.
Texan Carl Erdman plays sitar on Abner Burnett's "Hindu Pickin' Cowboy". Nice far out track. Both are from some obscure private press albums. The Erdman one is a little bit more interesting in my point of view.
Other gone and forgotten private press releases are the ones by Gary Salzman, Jim Kennedy, Rob Carr & Bill Kahl and Jim Ohlschmidt.
Guitar legend Harry Taussig has a new album on Tompkins Square. Great player with an unique style - don't miss this one!
What else? I included some tracks from the four new DFBM releases that are coming in August/September. Till then is a lot of work todo, but it's going to be great! I am really excited. Subscribe to the newsletter to stay up to date.
- Charles Rumback & Ryley Walker Middle Atlas
- Voice Of The Seven Woods Track 002
- Lukas Read Further Interpretations of the Coocoo
- Gratton Sky Song
- Jacob Sunderlin You'll Never See Another Shore
- Abner Burnett Hindu Pickin' Cowboy
- Abraham Chapman Bully's Rag
- Dr. Ragtime Buckdancer's Choice (Sam Mcgee)
- Matt Lajoie Blues for R. Franklin
- Anthony Pasquarosa Excerpt From The Symbol Of All Things
- Rob Carr & Bill Kahl The Great Wall Of China
- Blackie Cool Grandfather's Clock
- Jonathan Nankof O' the Moon
- Harry Taussig And All, Being So, Was So
- Nicole Ruggiero and the Spookfish Improvisation 1
- M.S. Dagley Mystery Of The Guitar
- Borealis El viento frío
- Pullman Bobby Solid (Bonus Track)
- Carl Erdmann Majesty
- C.Strøm Seaside Stories
- Jim Ohlschmidt, Paul Kowalski Raga
- Jim Kennedy Theme No. 7
- Gary Salzman The Secret Forces Of Nature - Part One
- William Tyler Kingdom of Jones
- Matt Baldwin Weissensee
- Isasa Danza de los habitantes de La Faena II
- Stein Urheim Oh So Nice